Dansk Star Wars fan forum

Nyheder: skywalker.dk endelig opgraderet

Greetings from France

(Læst 8795 gange)

0 Medlemmer og 1 Gæst læser dette emne.

Suzi

• Gæst
Good evening everyone!

I've been directed here by Hr Nielsen and since I'm a good girl who listens to advices, I just popped here (and didn't get lost as I'm pretty much not familiar with Danish... sorry sorry sorry! But I'm a fast learner so I can only improve, right?)

So basically, when I first contacted N. (I saw this is his signature here...), it was to let him know that:
- I was attending Collectormania in Copenhagen
- I was hoping to meet new people because I always find it interesting to socialize a little especially on those occasions.

Now, for the short presentation, as you guessed it from the title, I'm French, I live at the border with Luxembourg and Germany. I'm a member of René Auberjonois' fan-club (and now you get the reason why I'm attending Collectormania *g*) but before you throw me out because of my being more into Star Trek, I know Star Wars! I even like the movies! (And I find Christopher Lee amazing as Count Doku, but Christopher Lee is just amazing in anything he does *fan inside*).

And to convince you more, I play Star Wars lego on my PSP (does it count?) and also since I'm a RPG player (real RPG like in "with real people" not just online) I actually tried the Star Wars RPG and enjoyed it.

And that's all for tonight, as you already noticed, I'm quite talkative so feel free to drop me a note or two (or questions, whatever...), I'd be glad to ramble around!  :lol:

Suzanne

Mr. Mundi

• C4 Deltager
  • Medlem af Jedi Rådet
  • Are Too in the making...
Hi Suzanne

Welcome to the site. :-)
We are several others here, who also like Star Trek. And actually René Auberjonois is also the one I am most looking forward to meeting, out of the people coming.

Will see you there.

Regards
Mundi

Good judgment comes from experience
Experience comes from (surviving) bad judgment

Leia Skywalker

• Clone Lead, køkken-klon 85 og jedi-kunstner
  • Global Moderator
  • Senior Medlem af Jedi Rådet
  • Køn: Kvinde
  • Kald mig Lora :-D
Well, hello there. *waves from the mod* 8-)

Nice to hear someone from other parts of Europe coming. I honestly don't know how many people from the different countries we'll be seeing here, so I'm looking forward to it!
If you feel like it you can always drop me a pb or come by at the event. Saturday I'll be tropping with RL and 501st and sunday I'll be a crewmember. :-)

You don't need to convince us you belong here; we are a motley crowd at any rate and all sw fans are welcome regardless of what part of sw they like. :wink:

(And if you ever need a laugh then try using google translator on the danish parts of the site; it's will often end up sounding quite ridiculous).
"We are Clone Squadron. Fanfic is our stock in trade, and Insanity is what we deliver." Reporter og initiativtager til WC - Wookiee Channel. "Med Livet Som Indsats!"

“What about the time we got drunk and you persuaded me to help you decorate the hull of the ‘Wild Karrde’ with Hutt swear-words?"

Suzi

• Gæst
Thanks for the welcome!  :lol:

Well, hello there. *waves from the mod* 8-)
*Waves back from the other side of her screen* (now I pretty much look stupid *g*)

Nice to hear someone from other parts of Europe coming. I honestly don't know how many people from the different countries we'll be seeing here, so I'm looking forward to it!
If you feel like it you can always drop me a pb or come by at the event. Saturday I'll be tropping with RL and 501st and sunday I'll be a crewmember. :-)
Well, someone from the gang has to keep an eye on René and check that you're taking good care of him! :evil:
I read somewhere else on a forum (a French one) that people were tempted to come to the event, so honestly I'm quite curious myself. I attended one Collectormania in MK before it moved its location and it was quite interesting to see all those people, but there weren't a lot of foreigners. I think the Fed-Con is more a place where people from other area of Europe are coming. So, let's wait and see as they say!

You don't need to convince us you belong here; we are a motley crowd at any rate and all sw fans are welcome regardless of what part of sw they like. :wink:
Good! good! I'm kind of used to the usual war between SW and ST, so I tend to be a little more careful haha!

(And if you ever need a laugh then try using google translator on the danish parts of the site; it's will often end up sounding quite ridiculous).
Too bad! How am I going to read the posts on the forum if I can't rely on the online translators?!
(I heard you saying "just learn Danish, then". It might be an option ^^)

Leia Skywalker

• Global Moderator
Well... You can try using the online translators, but just expect it to sound weird and stupid most of the time, lol. :roll: :lol: And of course miss a word or saying when it doesn't know it. It's not terribly good with words that consist of more than one word. (And of course learning danish is always an option. A tough one to learn, but as long as you don't need to speak it...).

René you say? Hmm, I'll have to ask the troppers who that is and then totally mixing them up after that because I can't tell the armors from one another. :roll: But of course I can just listen after the one speaking french...

Na, we don't really do much in wars here(despite being star WARS fans). :wink: Mostly we just joke around with there being a war since so many are fans of both at any rate. We're quite laid back up here, so no worries.
"We are Clone Squadron. Fanfic is our stock in trade, and Insanity is what we deliver." Reporter og initiativtager til WC - Wookiee Channel. "Med Livet Som Indsats!"

“What about the time we got drunk and you persuaded me to help you decorate the hull of the ‘Wild Karrde’ with Hutt swear-words?"

Jaina Solo

• Sword of the Jedi, Arenafægter og Klon
  • C4 Deltager
  • I ét med Kraften
  • The Clone with the Quote book!
Lora, he for example played the character of Alar, in the episode "The Other side" in season 4 of StarGate SG 1 :-) just to give you an idea, so you will actually meet a new SG 1 actor at this event :wink:

And now to the topic. Welcome to Skywalker, Suzanne :wink: Hope you will like it here. It's not that often we here from others outside DK.

And you shouldn't worry about me, and the ongoing war between ST fans and SW fans. No offence, but I've never seen any of the ST movies, only some episodes of Next Generation.

But so nice to see you here :-) once again, welcome :wink:

Reporter og editor for Wookiee Channel - Med livet som indsats
The only surprise will be if there are no surprises - Jaina, Invincible

Suzi

• Gæst
(And of course learning danish is always an option. A tough one to learn, but as long as you don't need to speak it...).

Oh, too bad, I was considering learning it very quickly and practice when I come… (that’s a frightening thought, right?)

Lora, he for example played the character of Alar, in the episode "The Other side" in season 4 of StarGate SG 1 :-) just to give you an idea, so you will actually meet a new SG 1 actor at this event :wink:
Yes, and that episode was the first Stargate episode I watched on French TV and it scared the hell out of me! I couldn't watch any Stargate after that!  :-D
He also played Paul Lewiston in Boston Legal... but that's definitively no science fiction, oops!

And now to the topic. Welcome to Skywalker, Suzanne :wink: Hope you will like it here. It's not that often we here from others outside DK.
Thanks for the warm welcome! So far it's been nice to stick around here. Maybe with the Collectormania some new people will pop on the forum, who knows?

And you shouldn't worry about me, and the ongoing war between ST fans and SW fans. No offence, but I've never seen any of the ST movies, only some episodes of Next Generation.
Oh don't worry, I'm not the best ST fan either, just watched TNG and DS9 and one episode of Enterprise (starring RA of course), so basically... I cannot blame you!  :-)

Leia Skywalker

• Global Moderator
Oh, too bad, I was considering learning it very quickly and practice when I come… (that’s a frightening thought, right?)
No, that sounds like fun. :P You got um, a couple of weeks to learn a new language... Good luck!

He also played Paul Lewiston in Boston Legal... but that's definitively no science fiction, oops!
Who said we only like sci-fi here?  :wink: I for one like adventure, sci-fi, fantasy and CSI, NCIS, Criminal Minds and the like. Right now I don't remember what Boston Legal is translated to here, but I think I've seen it on the tv a few times...

Suzi

• Gæst
No, that sounds like fun. :P You got um, a couple of weeks to learn a new language... Good luck!

By the time I find a teaching method it might already be the time for me to travel!  :-D
(But never the less, I'll just see if a danish/french method exists. Or a danish/english one. That way I would learn danish and practice english... *hits her desk*)

Who said we only like sci-fi here?  :wink: I for one like adventure, sci-fi, fantasy and CSI, NCIS, Criminal Minds and the like. Right now I don't remember what Boston Legal is translated to here, but I think I've seen it on the tv a few times...
*very evil laugh*
That was a test to know a bit more about your taste!
I used to be a big fan on CSI:LV but the last seasons were disappointing...
But I still watch NCIS because it's funny... (Bones also), Criminal Minds, I tried, but it's aired too late here so I had to give up... :(

As for Boston Legal, obviously it's the same title in Danish, I checked on Wikipedia. Obviously only French TV tried to translate the title...  :evil:

Leia Skywalker

• Global Moderator
Well, that is not too bad either. I know a german, who was learning danish through english and ended up becoming very good at speaking english. Something she didn't mind at all. ;)

Lol, you never know. Sometimes they translate the titles, but perhaps it's mostly when it comes to movies. Yeah, shows airing late can be trouble following. I once followed a show that started airing in prime time and ended up airing around two-three am! Thank the Force for video recorders! :-D

Suzi

• Gæst
Well, that is not too bad either. I know a german, who was learning danish through english and ended up becoming very good at speaking english. Something she didn't mind at all. ;)
LOL
So, I checked yesterday at the book shop and I got a very funny answer:
"Why would you want to learn Danish???"
(And obviously it's kind of hard to find a danish learning method. Tss tss) But I look forward to hearing you all chat as I was told it's a very difficult language to pronounce!)

Lol, you never know. Sometimes they translate the titles, but perhaps it's mostly when it comes to movies. Yeah, shows airing late can be trouble following. I once followed a show that started airing in prime time and ended up airing around two-three am! Thank the Force for video recorders! :-D
I just hate that when they just change the airing times on TV, or when they just cancel a show in the middle of the season *frustration!*

And before I forget because I thought about it yesterday evening: it's a shame you don't have icq!  :-D

Leia Skywalker

• Global Moderator
Icq... is that like msn or aol? Or sitechat?

Yeah... cancelation is always so annoying. :| Canal switching and time chances is also on my 'annoying things' list. Makes it hard to follow a series.

Heh, yes, danish is hard to pronounce. I think learning to read and write it is something that is not too difficult(though still something that would take time), but pronounciation is the tricky part. If I remember correctly we have something like 30 vocal sounds in our language. And we got nine vocals in our alphabet...
Lol, to the question you got.  :lol: Yes, why, indeed, would you want to learn danish. Besides it's fun to know other languages and practical, too.
When you come we'll put you to the classic pronounciation tests and see how you do. :wink: (They're evil, btw. Some of them is even hard for danish persons)! Muhahaha! :wink:

Pingu

• I ét med Kraften
  • Køn: Mand
  • Pingu the Biker
welcome omboard skywalker Suzi

hope you will like it in here and stay.

Dont worry about you like Star Trek, im not a trekkie but i still like star trek, my favrorit is the Borgs collectives, they are really cool.

i will also be at Collector Mania and will be dressed as Jason Voorhees, cant miss me so feel free say hi if you see me, i promise Jason wont hurt you hehe :)
Darth Pingu Awakens

Suzi

• Gæst
Icq... is that like msn or aol? Or sitechat?
It’s like MSN. I’ve used ICQ for a decade now, switched to MSN but had to go back to ICQ because MSN badly works on my computers…

Heh, yes, danish is hard to pronounce. I think learning to read and write it is something that is not too difficult(though still something that would take time), but pronounciation is the tricky part. If I remember correctly we have something like 30 vocal sounds in our language. And we got nine vocals in our alphabet...
Actually, I listened to some Danish song this week end and I was like O_o
Reading seems faaaar easier than talking!!!

Lol, to the question you got.  :lol: Yes, why, indeed, would you want to learn danish. Besides it's fun to know other languages and practical, too.
Yes, I’m fond of languages and I like talking to people in their tongue, it’s more respectful and you get easily into ones culture. :)

When you come we'll put you to the classic pronounciation tests and see how you do. :wink: (They're evil, btw. Some of them is even hard for danish persons)! Muhahaha! :wink:
Deal! I think it will be definitively funny (especially for you I guess hahaha!)

And now, dear Predator…
welcome omboard skywalker Suzi

hope you will like it in here and stay.
I hope so, too bad I’m pretty lost in the rest of the forum (but I DO try to follow what you guys are talking about…

Dont worry about you like Star Trek, im not a trekkie but i still like star trek, my favrorit is the Borgs collectives, they are really cool.
I’ve never heard someone say the Borg are cool, but it’s really kind of funny heehee.
I find some species in ST quite interesting, but I can’t really think about one in particular that I would prefer. I can’t even imagine which one would suit me best^^

i will also be at Collector Mania and will be dressed as Jason Voorhees, cant miss me so feel free say hi if you see me, i promise Jason wont hurt you hehe :)
OK, Jason as in Freddy vs Jason? The guy with the mask on his head? Let’s hope there are not 10 Jasons out there, I may look funny asking every one of them: “Hey, are you the guy on the forum?”

I’ll be dressed as a gothic, no big deal here as it’s my casual way of dressing XD

4 more days to go! I’m in holidays tomorrow night and will fly to Copenhagen on Friday morning. I’m really getting excited to meet a new place (first time in Denmark sniff) and crazy new people!

Leia Skywalker

• Global Moderator
Well, meeting crazy new people is always so interesting! :wink: And don't worry; I don't think there shall be too many. Now if he had been a stormie it might have been another case...

Oh. Well, I can see that msn not working right is a problem. :| I just didn't know of the other program, so that's why I was a bit lost.

Easier to read than talk? Oh yeah. I can imagine our language must sound really weird to you, lol. But we'll see how you do the 'tests' and probably have a good laugh. ;)
I agree that by knowing another language it's much easier to get into another culture, because you can understand what they are saying, writing or whatever. Then you do not have to rely on translation or using a language that is not native to any of us(like now).

Okay, I'll just look for a goth then and you can look for a jedi in a blue tunic and tabs. 8-)

Enjoy your flight up here!

(P.s. I like you have managed to quote me as having said what Predator said, lol).