skywalker.dk

Dansk Star Wars fan forum

Nyheder: skywalker.dk endelig opgraderet

If you were to recommend just one Star Wars comicbook...

(Læst 6727 gange)

0 Medlemmer og 1 Gæst læser dette emne.

Wookiee

• Gæst
...which one would it be? And what's so great about it that you'd recommend it?

Ociros

• Gæst
Ah, well, unfortunately I've never had the chance to read any. Only very recently started to get back into reading in general, never thought I had the time, but I've realised I've wasted bus journeys with nothing going on during them, so... ;)

Maybe I'll have to take a look. :)

Wookiee

• Gæst
Hey, maybe I can recommend some for you to read ;-)

Mara Jade

• Tvilling, Arena-mor og morklon, samt rollespiller - med et spark som en tauntaun
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Holocron
  • Køn: Kvinde
  • Mynocks kommer med de små børn - har du postet?høh
Well, there's tons of comic books to read, so just get to work ;)

I think which to recommend depends on which era people are interested in. I mean, I like Union, but if you're not really into Luke and Mara stuff, or things going on that far after Battle of Endor, then you probably wont like it.

Think most would enjoy the Clone Wars though. I like the drawings, and the story is one a bunch of us are interested in knowing a little more about.
"reporter på og initiativtager til Wookiee Channel - Med Livet Som Indsats!"

Luminara

• Hippie the Hutt's Rengøringskone, Mutantklon &
  • Jedi Mester
Rite of Passage, by John Ostrander and Jan Duursema. :-D That's clearly my favorite Star Wars comic!

Not just because it's a wonderful story about Quinlan Vos and Aayla Secura - it's also drawn by the best Star Wars comic drawer ever...: Jan Duursema. :wink:
Why kill people, who kills people, to show people, that killing people is wrong?

"We are Clone Squadron. Fanfic is our stock in trade, Insanity is what we deliver." -Klon92

Leia Skywalker

• Clone Lead, køkken-klon 85 og jedi-kunstner
  • Global Moderator
  • Senior Medlem af Jedi Rådet
  • Kald mig Lora :-D
like Mara said, Union is good, but you probably have to be a Mara-Luke fan to really love it. :wink:
Clone wars is defiently good; I like the style and the stories.
hmm, but what I think would be something anyone will enjoy, would be Tales. :-D Tales is great! the stories variate so there is somthing for all; funny stories, the bit more serius, good dravings, experimental dravings, max rebo and gang, vader, the emperor and so on...yeah, those are worth the money you paid for them. there are also from the different eras; from before Qui-Gon to NJO.(what I have read, anyway).
okay, that was more than one comicbook, but I like many. :wink:

"We are Clone Squadron. Fanfic is our stock in trade, and Insanity is what we deliver." Reporter og initiativtager til WC - Wookiee Channel. "Med Livet Som Indsats!"
“What about the time we got drunk and you persuaded me to help you decorate the hull of the ‘Wild Karrde’ with Hutt swear-words?"

Ociros

• Gæst
I think this is related so I'll slap it in here. :)

I've been looking around recently, for uh... Old Republic type books/comic books. I think Tales of the Jedi is one sort of.. series, I was wondering - are there any others? And are there any that aren't comic books from that sort of... era?

Mostly interested in the stuff way way way before the Movies, perhaps a little before/during/after the Knights of the Old Republic games that have come out. The further back in the timeline, the better, to be honest.

Thanks muchly in advance!

Leia Skywalker

• Global Moderator
only know about that new series called Knights of the old republic.(like the game). it isn't finished yet. from about the sith wars I believe.

"We are Clone Squadron. Fanfic is our stock in trade, and Insanity is what we deliver." Reporter og initiativtager til WC - Wookiee Channel. "Med Livet Som Indsats!"
“What about the time we got drunk and you persuaded me to help you decorate the hull of the ‘Wild Karrde’ with Hutt swear-words?"

Ociros

• Gæst
I managed to find one!

"Darth Bane: Path of Destruction".

It's a hard back, and a ickle too big to read on the tiny cramped bus I get on...

But hey, perfect for that flight to America. ;)

Leia Skywalker

• Global Moderator
yeah, that's right. it's a loong flight over there. hmm, maybe it's just me didn't I heard about another hardback/paperback from the old era?? argh, can't remenber right now.

Pingu

• I ét med Kraften
  • Køn: Mand
  • Pingu the Biker
i live the Han Solo trilogy

and the cartoon about Darth Maul before episode I. The drawings is awsome and its a good story
Darth Pingu Awakens

Sondre Skywalker

• Gæst
Shadows Of The Empire  :-D Its exciting and not at least Boba Fett talks more then 4 sentences  :mrgreen:

Leia Skywalker

• Global Moderator
Oh, definitely. But I think Shadows have some holes unless you also read the book version, since they are not the same.
Shadows evolution is also great in my opinion, and excelent for those who like Shadows, are interested in the time just after ROTJ and other characters.

If you like X-wings and pilots, then I will recommend the 'X-wing: Rogue Squadron' series. (They can now be bought in three omnibusses). Main characters are Wedge, Tycho, Wes, Hobbie along with other shifting rogues.
First story are from a different 'series' than the rest and much newer of date.
The first story of the old series was never published as a tradepaperback for some unknown reason, only soft paper and omnibus.

I think there is one comic that we all have forgotten to mention: 'Mara Jade - by the Emperor's Hand'. Excelent art, excelent storytelling and a must read for all Mara fans.

Sondre Skywalker

• Gæst
I forgot Rogues! Dark Empire is good too, but i dont feel it all fit these days that the Emperor was a clone and resurected... It doesnt fit with the prequels tough.

Leia Skywalker

• Global Moderator
I liked Dark Empire, but not Empire's End. It was way too rushed and it was very obvious they tried to do too many things with not enough space. What I liked the most about the series was the art; it was new and different and stylish. Sure, the story was exaggerated, but it was still fun to read. (It's not like it's the only time a story has been exaggerated i the EU).

Oh, and welcome to the forum, Sondre. :-)